18 February 2009

Big Stuff

Sorry it's been all quiet on the blog front.  Kinda seems there's been tumbleweeds skipping past on here the last month or so.  But after the day I like to call the "Sack-attack" I've been a busy bunny trying to sort some stuff out in my life.  I'm disrupting it entirely and not just mine but someone else's, too, which is sad.  However, this time seems to be ripe with opportunity and I'm gonna take it.  I'm moving back to Australia next month after 3.5 years away living in the best city ever, She-ka-go!  It's only for a year, though.  To you know, work and travel and have the best effing time ever.  I'll be back and raring to go in my wicked hometown before I know it.


But for now, it's all busy busy.  Subleasing the apartment, packing stuff, tying up tons of loose ends... I'm hoping that I've made the right decision and am not fucking over my life entirely.  But I have that gut feeling.  The one where it acts like an ADHD kid high on kool-aid, "Do it! Do it! Just--Gah!!!--DO IT!"

So.  Yes.  Melbourne, here I come.  Be prepared.  Be very prepared.  It's time for some new adventures.  We've got a beef to work out, you and I.  And I'm gonna eat you whole, baby!  

10 Comments:

Blogger Justina said...

Whoa! Good for you! Melbourne won't know what hit it! Besides it's not a bad idea to get out of the U.S. for awhile as all the newspaper headlines make abundantly clear that we're all effed! That ADHD kid inside you was right; follow your gut!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Melbourne is a stupidly cool city. You might be there for the next Rainbow Serpent, then.

Gut feeling is usually right. My version of gut feeling is The Little Voice. The Little Voice is always right. Unfortunately I don't always listen to The Little Voice. I usually regret it.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly do travel! Good luck.:-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks all, it is certainly going to be an interesting transition. I am having seriously mixed feelings but am sure I'll have fabulous experiences.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Clyde said...

You are gonna get there just in time for football season.
And Melbournians are football mad--they think that they own the game.
Enjoy yourself

7:37 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Ah yes, good 'ol AFL. I got in a fight with someone at a Sydney vs Melbourne game a few years ago. She told me to fuck off back to my own country. I told her I would if she went back to the trailer park. Then she dumped beer on my friend. It was messy. I associate this with AFL. :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger compulsively yours...for now said...

I like your music.

have fun, I find listening to the adhd kid is always the best most adventurous choice. The flip side is boring so go with the naughty child screaming to do it.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hi Compulsively Yours. Glad you like the tunes, they make me happy. And thanks, I totally agree. Gonna run amok with some fun antipodeans! Thanks for stopping by.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really are my ecstasy i'll tell u for sure.
no really you are a celebrity to my past!
check me out in the movie public enemies
starrin' johnny depp' just remember look to ur left twice you will see me!
good luck in australia.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks, Elsworth. Take care.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home