13 January 2009

2009 is gonna be interesting

Still can't believe it's a New Year but somehow it's not affecting me quite so badly as it usually does. 2009 feels good. I like the prime-numberiness of it.


Sydney's New Year's party was amazing. Honestly, the best New Year's hands down. Ever. Kids we didn't know crashed the party and we all got really squiffy-faced and danced like maniacs. My dress came undone constantly due to faulty buttons and I had to keep asking people to help me put it back together. It's a good thing the boobage wasn't blatantly falling out, at least.

And now. It's back to work. *Sigh* But I see lots of travel coming up during the latter part of the year so right now it's time for me to get down and dirty in saving c-a-s-h. That means filthy nights in watching films and reading novels. Not full of the good clean fun I get whilst triapsing around this marvelous snow-infested city.

Below captures the 'blurriness' of me and Syd perfectly. She's so cool...

4 Comments:

Blogger Clyde said...

It took me a while
I thought that you were talking about Sydney, Australia---and yes, they turned on a great show.
I guess it's the Sydney name---they all have good parties

6:07 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Yep, that must be it. Sydneys are so much fun it's pretty disgusting. Gorgeous, too. ;-)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Justina said...

I'm glad you has such a fun on new year's! And I know that spending the night in watching films and reading novels sounds boring but when you look outside at the snow, you'll cherish it for what it really is: an excuse to escape the cold! I'm reading this really funny book by this Australian Girl named Shauana Reid called "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl". It gives me hope. I'm also trying to finish The Watchmen comic (STUNNING!!!) and 'March' by Geraldine Brooks. Remember that it will be warm again in about four months and you can read those novels in Grant Park!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Justina, babe, I'm not sure I can take 4 more months of this crazy shiz-at. Gimme heat any day! But negative temps, snow, and ice should be banished. My friends and I keep telling ourselves the reason why we stay in Chicago and love it is because of the summers. If the summers were crap, we'd so move outta here asap.

P.S. Grant Park + Books = Lovely x

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home