26 November 2008

Serious

This isn't shocking but it's scary.  Since I work in travel, I'm thinking of the people who are at these hotels for an interesting and new experience in a very different part of the world than where they're from.  Instead, they could be a hostage right now.  Or injured, killed, and most definitely terrified.  I'm so frustrated with these extreme fundamentalists.  I don't give a fig what your religion is, killing people isn't the answer.  


Alright, you hate the West.  You think we're assholes.  Yes, we get it.  And I'd agree that we do have an annoying tendency to be assholish.  But I don't understand where religion comes in.  I'm thinking that the people who do these awful acts are mentally unstable and have been coached into this by manipulative and controlling ones.  I could be wrong, but what I do know is that this killing innocent people lark is total crap and while I know my country isn't perfect (believe me, I know), I don't see them purposefully trying to kill innocent civilians at luxury hotels.  

Just.  It needs to stop.  

3 Comments:

Blogger pierre l said...

Indeed Kathryn, this is very sad.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Clyde said...

I really dont think that religion comes into it.
It just seems that people who gather for the sake of worship are being recruited by warlords in the name of religion.
Very sad

8:54 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Pierre l- Yes, I don't understand it...

Clyde- Hello. I agree with you. And it most definitely has something (possibly all) to do with power. Fucking power.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home