04 November 2008

Magic





Had one of the best times of my entire life in Mexico City.  Just got back last night after 5 days of touring, partying, and living la vida Mexicano.  I might also add that I didn't sleep for almost the entire time so I'm a bit loopy.

The reaction I received from most people after they learned I was going to Mexico City was: 

Me: "I'm going to Mexico City."

Stranger: "Yes, but where are you connecting to?  Cancun?  Puerto Vallerta?"

Me: "No.  I'm going to be in Mexico City."  Pause for an awkward pause and head tilt.  Then:

Stranger: "But...why?"  And there would be confusion clouding their eyes.

Well, because it is a fantastic destionation, that's why, people!  Especially during the wicked Dios de Los Muertos celebrations.  I stayed near the Zocalo, the famous central plaza with the Metropolitan Cathedral and other offical buildings.  I experienced so many beautiful sounds, sights, and food with my friends.  A mini-reunion with mates from Sydney was organized and I didn't hold back on running amok.  Mexico is gorgeous and has such a rich culture, especially compared to where I come from.  I'm happy to have been a part of the Dios de Los Muertos celebrations! 

Below: Video from the top of the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan with Justina and Peter. 

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Sounds like magic indeed.

That's one of the bad things about Australia - you can travel for a seriously long time and still be in Australia. It's a bitch when you want a hit of Somewherelseville.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Very true. Oz is quite the isolated continent. But it has almost everything so you're not too bad off.

Best time ever in Mexico. I highly recommend it.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

Looks like an awesome time, I'll have to follow in your footsteps and see the world. Maybe I'll tag along on you next trip to the hidden wonders of the world.

Mean while we'll have to catch up around town.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Sure! Let's meet up when you have a chance. :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Justina said...

I can't wait to get the picture of you riding that plastic donkey framed! I had a fantastic time!!!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Haha! Hilarious. Seriously, best time ever.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home