02 October 2008

Drill, Baby, Drill

As of this moment, the bf and I in the midst of watching the Vice Presidential Debate between Senator Biden and Governor Palin. Is it just me or is Palin way in over her head? Her rebuttals are not on the same topic to most of the questions for Biden, she keeps talking over and over again about Alaska and energy and the best bit she just said, "Drill, baby, drill." This has got to be a joke. She won't answer any questions about the health care issue and she speaks like a PTA hockey mom thinking it's cute. How she is going to get away with this debate and win is beyond me.

Biden is holding his own for Obama very well. He's being quite nice to Palin but I think this is because he can see she's digging her own grave. There are several other issues being debated at the moment that I'm not mentioning but just as crucial. I honestly can't believe some of the things Palin's saying like "some of these countries hating our freedoms, our tolerances, our women's rights." The bf commented that he doesn't really think that's why they dislike us so much but probably because of our greedy, fat-cat, globalization-monster image. Ugh. If Obama doesn't win I'm seriously considering moving overseas again.

She really reminds me of a Stepford wife slash person from "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." It's a little scary. How do some people get like this??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, McCain = more of the same. I did find it very upsetting that Palin's most passionate issue is drilling in Alaska. How transparent?!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Brom said...

Too many chips?

"looking forward" to two weeks of this type of news, I may have a better idea of what's what once I'm over your side.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Graham- Totally.

Brom- Possibly. Whereabouts are you going? Does Mill Stuff take you usually to cities or the countryside?

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home