15 September 2008

Back and all that

Got back a couple weeks ago from a lovely trip across the pond again. I think this may have been the best trip in years. I went to a heart-stoppingly beautiful wedding in Greenwich, almost got trampled by a million people at the Notting Hill Carnival, hung out with some rockers in Camden, kicked back in like 50 pubs, drank god-knows-how-many pints, visited the British Museum for the umpteenth time, wandered around Oxford with best-mate Shelley (drunk and hungover), and met up with numerous friends. Lots 'o fun.

Now I'm back to reality and it's honestly not too bad. There's lots of other stuff to look forward to. Fall is in the air with the smell of wood-smoke, leaves changing, and my favorite holiday, Halloween, is just around the corner. The only bad thing is that it gets colder and colder, eventually leading to the dreaded, freezing-world-of-pain winter. No matter. Good stuff ahead.

Below: Notting Hill Carnival Native American head-dress dude. He looked pretty great.

-A Hells Angel in Camden. After I took this pic his friend leaned over to me and said, "Don't do that again."
-The largest sweets stall I've ever seen in Oxford. Mmmm. Sweets. Yum.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got some mileage out of London there. You forgot to mention the blockade of wicked dubstep sound systems at the Notting Hill fest.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Brom said...

And I missed you :-( - next time we'll have to be more organised.

Currently on your side of the Pond, but out of reach of the Windy City. May pass overhead later tho!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

That just made me miss London. Don't know why I like the place so much, but I really do.

3:01 AM  
Blogger David said...

Look, you can't come sashaying over here without warning me! The red carpet was in the wash!

I expect notification! Cos then drinkies can be organised. ;-)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Graham- Yeah, there was some wicked music at the carnival. The people and lack of portaloos was NOT.

Brom- I know! Total bummer. Next time, for sure. Pub. And pints.

Lee- London is the shiz. It's my favorite city and I understand why you like it so much.

Greasvie- I am shocked. Shocked that the red carpet wasn't rolled out at Heathrow. Next time. Don't think I won't hold it against you. Definitely drinks next time! With Brom, too! ;)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Oops, Greavsie, I got your name wrong. The shame...

1:57 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:57 PM  
Blogger pierre l said...

Sorry Kathryn, I've fallen behind with my comments. Regarding the sweets, assuming you meant the town of Oxford, isn't that large covered market fabulous? There was a great cake shop there as well.
I agree with the others: the next time you are in England, we'll have to have a bloggers' meet somewhere.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home