19 July 2008

I heart summer

Just waking up from a 12 hour drinking, dancing, and music marathon.  I am surprisingly quick-witted and can hold down food.  I actually feel like a normal, functioning person.  The great boozeathon began around 2pm at work yesterday.  With home-made sangria, work was abandoned with indecent haste as we ran to the back of the office to get a plastic cup and fill it with dark red, fruity yumminess.


There's a little back room in our office that my co-worker has lovingly re-named the "Lava Lounge" with a piece of white computer paper and red marker taped above the door entrance.  It's the "Lava Lounge" because said co-worker brought in her red lava lamp and there are two tiny red sofas in the room.  The entire decor reminds me of one those cheesy "Romantic" hotels where they have heart-shaped bathtubs and beds.  It's even more hilarious and kitsch because we're in a brick industrial type building and the soft, sexy atmosphere she was trying to pull off looks odd and a little bit wrong.  I think this is why I love it so much.

Anywho, we're in the back ditching work getting pissed and eating taco dip.  The boss leaves for the day and the only thing that didn't kick the office into full-on party gear is the lack of music.  Good thing I had the world's largest block party to go to just a couple blocks away.  After 3 glasses of sangria a co-worker and I leave to walk over there.

18,000 people in this massive block listening to bands like Rusted Root and drinking gross bud-light was actually effing fantastic.  The skyscrapers were looming over us, the air was warm and steamy, the music was chill, and the socializing was jacked up to the highest notch.  

After the crazy-big block party ends, we catch a bus to a club to listen to some electro music and dance with lots of sweaty, smelly people.  If I weren't so hammered, I'd probably be totally grossed out.  But as it was, I think I was one of those sweaty, smelly people at that point.  And I didn't care!  I was happy and bouncy and more than a little wasted.  It is like a gift from somewhere not to be paying for my heavy boozing right now.  I kind of feel a little like I shop-lifted something and have gotten away with not getting caught.  

The best part is that it is only Saturday now and I have the weekend to look forward to.  Hurrah!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some good clean fruity yumminess... er, something. Your job may officially be as easy as mine! Glad you had fun.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hehe. Oh yeah!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Brom said...

Souds like a hoot. Too much loud music over the years (or is that ears!) means that in loud environments I have difficulty with close conversations. Wouldn't stop me going tho!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Haha, wouldn't stop me either! It was a very enjoyable night.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Love it when you feel like you've gotten off too lightly for a weekend's indulgence.

Unfortunately at other times it feels like the Hangover Bank realised its previous error and is now making the appropriate adjustments.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I know exactly what you mean. The opposite happened to me last Saturday when I spent the next 30 hours in bed nursing my body from Friday's debauchery. Ugh...

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home