07 June 2008

Travel is gooooood

Am ditching my corporate schmoozy-boozy-sleazy-sexist-punch-in-the-neck-numbing property management job. Oh yeah. See ya weirdos. Enjoy your harassment lawsuits. I have found a dream job for myself at this place. And it is all thanks to my obsession of seeing the world.

I walked into the interview yesterday morning to see a sunny brick room with a wall covered in Lonely Planet books. Every country in sight. The manager said I looked "like a kid let loose in a candy shop." There were atlases and globes galore. My enthusiasm was a little too high and I struggled to bring it down a notch. They laughed and seemed to like me.

So now I have this wonderful great job in travel. I think my current company is going to be shocked on Monday morning. It isn't a good time to leave. But this opportunity may not come up again so I'm taking the leap. Bye bye crazy corporate climbers, hello free trips! Hurrah!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Kat! I'm impressed by how easily you kicked off those graspy ladder-grubbing cloak-and-dagger-happy sharks.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Justina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS AND DITCHING THOSE CORPORATE FUCKERS WHO ARE NOT IN LINE WITH YOUR LIFE GOALS!!!!!!!!!!! I crack a smile thinking about how shocked your boss is going to be come Monday morning!!!! And you're right; if you didn't take it now it might not come later! So bask in your own glory and dream about all the free trips you'll be taking! ENJOY!!!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Brom said...

Oh Wow! Well done you. "Hello Free Trips" hehe, sounds like me, one part of my job that I really like and look forward to.

Saying that, I need to pack tonight! Good luck on Monday, enjoy every second!!!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thank you all! Excited is definitely the understatement of the month for how I am feeling at the mo. Super nervous for tomorrow morning for when I tell the company to stickit. Shall post what happens on that...

Justina, you always support me, thanks heaps, babe! Let me know if you want a trip planned for you in the future!

Brom, I am most curious as to what you do now...and where it is you are packing to go. :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Wow. I can feel the happiness from over here. Well done ;)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks, Lee. Very exciting time. :)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home