19 May 2008

Remembrance

14 years. I still think of you everyday and wish I had known you better. You brought joy to so many yet couldn't do it for yourself. Despite my love for you, I am hoping to not make the same mistakes you did.

I wish you were here. Sometimes, I dream that you are. I'll wake up excited thinking it has all been a cruel joke and you will hug me and hug me and make me feel safe.

Then I realize the truth and it hurts. I've stopped crying over it. Except for this day. Because I am allowed today. I miss you. It isn't fair and I don't understand why but I love you and I miss you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very touching. Somewhere she does live on, and you are right to stay in touch.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(
from jami

3:02 PM  
Blogger Brom said...

You are absolutely correct - life is far from being fair.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Hope you're okay.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home