24 April 2008

Allergic

I came down with a nasty cold this week. Just when I thought I had escaped the scathing germ-filled winter, he stretched his last little frosty tentacle and snatched me into it. I've been balled up with the shivers and have gone through 3 boxes of kleenex as of yet (sorry, tmi).


I called the doctor for an appointment and do you know, it is harder to get a date with my doctor than a date with my favorite dj? Finally, today I was able to squeeze myself in (like the last person into the cramped subway who is the garfield sucker on the back doors). Oh..oh hold on. God. That was gross. Sorry.

Anywho. Turns out at the doc that I actually am suffering from allergies. This is total crap because I have never suffered allergies in my life. Except to certain types of metal. But apparently I have "swollen nostrils." But...but...why am I feeling like I have the flu? "Oh, you just have a little cold along with allergies. This happens to lots of people in the spring." Right. So, can I have antibiotics to fix myself, please? And lots of them? "Call me Monday if you're still not feeling well." Argh. 4 bloody days away. That's a long time if you feel like a jack-hammer is having a jolly go at your entire body.

Got home with some nifty nose drops and allergy medicine. I don't feel any difference. But it's been an hour. Perhaps this takes more time. Maybe it's like my tastes in food. I hated peanut butter until I was 20 then I couldn't get enough of the sticky stuff. Or pineapple. I thought it was the most disgusting fruit on earth until I was 23. Now it is the most yummy fruit on earth. I never had allergies until 25. And it is not like hating food and then loving food. It is like I was the luckiest person ever and now I'm not. *grabbing tissue and sulking off to bed*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keyboard... is that-- Oh-- you sneezed. Sorry sugar.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Ha. Sorry about that.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I was allergic until my late 20's. Now every spring and fall, I feel awful and have to take Claratin. Works pretty well, though!

Wait until you turn 30. All hell breaks loose then!

8:15 AM  
Blogger David said...

Pineapple is the food of the devil.

Sorry.

Hope you feel better soon. I'd offer my quick cure all for any ailment....

...I'd offer to come and sing by your bedside...

10:41 AM  
Blogger David said...

Pineapple is the food of the devil.

Sorry.

Hope you feel better soon. I'd offer my quick cure all for any ailment....

...I'd offer to come and sing by your bedside...

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Anonymous- I will never be 30. It won't happen. I will be in my 20s forever and that is the end of the story. If anyone says otherwise I will have my fingers plugged into my ears and shouting.

Greavsie- Aww. Still on that side of the pineapple division? Come on over. It is soo sinfully tasty on the pineapple side. I used to think like you, too. But then I was converted.

Thanks for the better wishes. I'll try any quick cure and I can think of nothing more lovely than a song by my bed. Cheers. :)

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home