25 March 2008

Cold weather is a 4-letter word

I hate this ass-biting chill that's grabbed Chicago. And I'm in super-crank mode due to it. Yeah, yeah, Chicago is always freezing you say. Well, it's bloody not. It's effing fantastic and hot for about 2 months of the year and I think we're owed some warm weather thankyouverymuch. Now. I'm usually not one to brag. No, seriously, shut up and listen to me. I'm Not One to Brag but since moving to a snobby-ish place in the city I'm in a prime summer spot. Snobby-ish in a fur-coat-poodle-face-lift type of way that isn't me at all but I love the location (i.e. walking distance to work) so I'm not going to complain about the lack of Bohemian atmosphere and the overwhelming mix of old-money-new-yuppified-to-fuck-pups (and to be honest I don't really care that there's a lack of Bohemians because let's be real a lot of them are glorified hippies, no?).

Anywho. Back on track, summer (aka beautiful heat). My location is half a block from the beach and we have an outdoor pool in our building. I know. But don't hate me, yeah? Because I haven't been able to use anything yet, including the beach! Crapping cold. It's the end of March for chrissake and we'll be lucky to see warmth by the end of May. Chicago should be located about 4000 miles south. Um. Yes. Around Rio. It is never cold in Rio. Chicago could learn a lot from Rio. The weather here needs to be transported to somewhere already cold. Like Canada?

Never-ending winter bites the big one. I'm going back to Rio.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well! Are you finished? I for one did wear my hat and scarf this morning. But when I was waiting for the elevator at 5:00, someone told me to not bother with the scarf OR EVEN the hat for that matter! And he was right. Look, you got what you wanted. Someone in the Celestial Bureaucracy must have heard you whining.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hahaha. Yes, super whingy today. Someone's finally decided to bless us with some warmth! But don't get your hopes up for it lasting...

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Stunning day in Sydney today. Kind of day when you stop (in your T shirt n stuff) and look at the sky and just go fucking hell, how awesome is this?

:)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh, go bite your nice day. Just kidding. I'm just jealous. I mean. Totally jealous. I miss Sydney right now.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Justina said...

Remind me not to bitch about the weather in San Francisco, when it is at least 65 degrees for most of the year!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

The good thing about SF is that it is 65F at this time of year. The bad thing about SF, apparently, is that it is 65F at every time of the year. ;)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home