12 February 2008

Work Angst

Working sucks. For the majority of us, anyway. We may enjoy essentially what we do but there are days when I think a lot of us want to run out the door leaving the dust to settle behind us. Lately I have been a bit stressed due to be the large work load I've got at the mo. I sent a particularly angsty email to the bf today bitching about the tenants:

"I am ready to kill myself I hate work so much today. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS CALLING AT ONCE AND DEMANDING STUFF THAT I CAN'T PROMISE!!! Fuckers. I hope they all get in car accidents on the way home tonight. Dammit. Look what my job has turned me into. I'm poo. xx"

The bf replied shortly thereafter with this sweet message:

"Honey, it is natural to despise the world and the various humans that litter its surface. You need to listen to more heavy metal and angsty '90s hard rock so that your pain can be given a more meaningful aesthetic structure."

I am getting out the Nirvana and Nine Inch Nails as I type. Let the head bangs commence and the meaningful aesthetic structure begin.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, it would have sounded better if I wrote "verminous humans" instead of "various humans".

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that I want to ruin it, but of course bands like Nirvana and Alice in Chains are ultimately spiritual.
And being dedicated to abstract, existential power, true death metal like Morbid Angel or Cryptopsy should be listened to while in an emotionally-placid, meditative state.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Umm...maybe. I don't know. No matter how depressed I am, I'm not sure I could listen to death metal in a placid or meditative state. That's what chill trance is for, no? Or Snow Patrol.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

i have screamed along to nirvana until my veins have started bulging and the neighbours have slammed their windows... and felt much better for it.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

True, it is a lovely release to have a good wail. Especially with Nirvana. Can't get more angsty than that. I really needed it a couple days ago.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home