16 January 2008

Driven to join

Facebook.  After the constant stream of pressure from several friends from around the world to join either facebook or myspace I have finally given in.  Yes, am a bit disappointed in myself for finally jumping the cliff but you know what?  I just got in contact with friends I haven't seen in about a decade.  It is crazy shit, actually!  The bf is groaning at me whilst I type on the computer to another "friend."  He's all "I thought you'd never do this!" and "You're not going to become totally addicted, are you?"


I was always a bit of a snob when it came to facebook and myspace.  I thought it was too much effort and all these "friends" made me feel a bit odd.  Like what if all my "friends" have a million others and I'm stuck with the usual 2?  But fuck it.  Especially after a few people kept emailing me with "You have to get on [myspace or facebook] because otherwise you can't see my pictures and you are in loads of them!"  So, I've done it and it isn't that bad.  I quite like facebook, actually.  Except I am a bit daunted by all the doodads on people's profiles. 

I find these sites super easy to make fun of.  Really easy but I'm going to give it a rest and instead give it a go.  So, yes.  Facebook.  It's not just for American college kids anymore, apparently.  And I'm probably the last person to join.  Besides the bf.  He's still holding out.  But don't worry, he'll join 'the dark side' sooner or later... 


8 Comments:

Blogger Brom said...

I'm there. To be perfectly honest I'm considering deleting the account. Once you've set it up and found your friends and stuff, it just sits there doing not that much. Then again, it maybe that no-one wants to communicate with me.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I've held out for quite awhile before setting it all up so we'll see how long it takes before it goes pear-shaped.

I find it hard that no one wants to communicate with you, Brom. I'll be your friend. :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger David said...

Must. Resist.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

*giggle*

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with your boyfriend,if he joins it, it could backfire on u.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Nah, I wouldn't care if he joined it or not...but it is highly unlikely that he will.

I totally understand how he feels. At the end of the day, it's not really a big deal.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myspace is where the cool crowd hangs out.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Boo. Hiss.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home