20 December 2007

Anniversary 2

End of year again. 2007. Where did the time go? This has been, by far, the best year of my life. I've had such a great time. And loads of changes. I'm also marking my 2nd anniversary on this blog. And from what I hear blogging is becoming old-fashioned? Well, I guess it has been around for 5-10 years now...I can never keep up with the new electronicky stuff.

Year in Review and all that:

1) Ventured to more concerts than I could handle. And I danced amok at every one of them!

2) Left the country twice (both to London).

3) Met my best friend, Shelley. I love you!

4) Met my beloved, BF. I love you, too!

5) Wandered down to San Diego for a mini-break in the Pacific. Got crispified like bacon. And found my dream house amongst the palms.

6) Experienced my first Burning Man with Bf, Jami, Kristin, Vera, and B. Really life-changing in certain ways! Never been to something like that in my life and I am really happy I got the chance to.

7) Got promoted. With the company that aquired the previous one I was with. I am now head honcho. Just kidding. But someday I might be. If I don't quit and move to Guam to live as a hermit. A place with no phones would be soothing, no?

8) Finally bought my dj gear. I'm practicing. That's about all I can do at this point. Besides spend more money on music...

9) Good friend, Stephanie from Germany, visited Chicago. We have now gotten together on three different continents. I miss you, Stephie!

10) Moved to a lovely flat closer to the city. Very exciting! But it has its ups and downs as I mentioned in my previous post. I don't give a fig. I still adore it!

So yes. 2007. Very Good Year. It is Year of the Pig. And that is what I am. A pig. But I like to think that I am a little more refined than one that resides on a farm. I mean, I would never sleep in a barn.

Happy Bloggy Anniversary to me! Have an excellent 2008! Remember, it's going to be Year of the Rat. If you think Pig was good, what is rat gonna be like? ;-)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm..the year of the rat. i am not sure what to think now of 2008! where was my mention in the email? oh i did get a mention in the burningman section . PHEW. hahahahahaa
:)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Jami, you definitely had an impact to my 2007! Thanks for all the parties, they were wicked! Don't know about the Rat Year coming up but I got a feeling it'll be alright (not as good as the Pig Year we just had, though). Can't wait for Saturday!! :)

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jami!
To clarify the Pig issue for those who have never eaten off a placemat in a Chinese food restaurant, Kat's sign in the Chinese Zodiac is Pig. But no, she isn't much of a country girl, so rooting in the pasture is probably not going to happen.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Babe, you are totally right. That ain't gonna happen. So stop asking me already!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe, well 2007 has certainly been a good year for you, and me and as of Dec 29th this will be the third time we have seen each other in a year which is pretty good going for a 4000 mile ocean and a different continent! xx

10:48 AM  
Blogger Justina said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Thank you for always giving me something to read!!! 2008 is just around the corner and I'm sure it will surpass your wildest expectations!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Shelley, definitely a good year. See you next week!

Thanks, Justina. I'm happy you actually read my stuff! Have a lovely xmas and NY. Talk soon. :)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAT AND GRAHAM! - we will miss you on NYE when we are here partying w/o you! but I know you will be having an awesome time in London! MISS YOU GUYS! HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!! :)

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated happy bloggiversary Kathryn! And happy new year - I hope 2008 is as great as 2007 looks to have been!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks, Jami! Happy New Year! Sorry we weren't there to celebrate with you but things are going quite well across the pond. I'll call you when we get back!

Cheers, Wendy! And a happy new year to you as well, I have a feeling this year shall be pretty good (fingers crossed!). :)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home