27 November 2007

A little SAD

Damn. My nice long weekend is over. And my friend has flown back to NYC. Boo. I hate work. Don't get me wrong, my job is pretty good, but I hate having to get up early, put on nice clothes, do my make-up and hair, then go out into the 3C weather for the trek to work. So due to all these things (the trying to look "nice" and "professional" and going out into near subarctic winds) my job is in suck-mode right now.

Booo. Stupid Seasonal Affect Disorder. I've decided to hibernate. Fuck the good job. I mean, it's just money, right? I can leave for a few months until the ground has finished thawing, no? Ooh, and the good news is that I need to fatten myself up for hibernation. Yes, I can eat loads of chips and other crispy fatty goodies like burritos or deep-fried mars bars (perhaps only one deep-fried mars bar because I have a feeling just the one has a life-time full of saturated fattiness. Come to think of it, has anyone actually finished a full one? I have never had the guts to just go for it and tuck in. I know what I'm doing on my next trip to Scotland.) Good, then. Glad we've established the hiberation rules (that is sleeping for as long as I want and eating as much crap as I can). I'll see you all in May.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Overall, it sounds like a good plan. It's too bad you can't rent one of those coffin-sleepers like they have in Japan. That would probably be very affordable in Chicago.

Deep-fried Mars bars, chips, and a burrito? How did you know what I was having for lunch?!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm psychic, dude. You should know that by now.

Not sure about the coffin bit. I'd much prefer a massive bed with a quilty-down blanket. Don't wake me up for 5 months, yeah? x

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- awesome. i can blame my 5 day eating thanksgiving binge on fattening up for the winter. SUPERB!! hahahaha

2:13 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Seriously, eat as much as possible because you're gonna go to sleep for 5 months and you won't be eating. So you see? You'll be slim again when you wake up. Perfect, no? :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Justina said...

I think I was a bear in another life. Because even though I live on the West Coast and it is decidedly warmer, I always get into a sleep mode and want to hibernate until the warm weather and spring blossoms are in full bloom. I'm sending you virtual pair of ear muffs!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Cheers, Justina! I need the ear muffs quite badly at the mo. Wish I were in a warmer clime right now...Like Fiji. I was probably a bear, too.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home