01 November 2007

Friday. No wait. Thursday. What?

It is one of those weeks where I am imagining that the time is faster than it actually is. I could've sworn it was Tuesday when it was Monday morning. Then yesterday I could've betted on it being Friday but it was only Wednesday. Today is Thursday and I feel like I should be waking up to pancakes or something as it is obviously Saturday morning.

Clearly my inner clocks are not stable. Those circadian rhythm yokes have slid off the right side of my balance. I can't sleep properly, I think the days are different than they actually are, and I feel peculiarly close with my cornflakes. I think I'm going a bit mad.

I feel like there is only one solution. I must take a time out. Go to the naughty chair if you will. (Oh yes, I have been naughty.) (But why are naughty chairs so naughty, anyway? They are quite peaceful, actually. Good meditation spots. Perhaps I should invest in a naughty chair? Does someone specially make them? Perhaps Ikea?).

I should go away for awhile. Far, far away. Away from the pollution (good god, why the hell can't buses run on flowers? I am so gonna die of cancer because of them.), away from tourists, and away from a crumbling and good-for-nothing transport system. Like North Chicago. Or Canada. Not for long, though. Just enough time to repair my lungs for the next walk to work.

Confusion I can handle temporarily. Let us hope this passes shortly or I actually may require a trip "out of state." MIA and all that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of a Harlan Ellison story. The protagonist begins to suspect that someone-- or something-- is conspiring to rob him of minutes here and there, causing buses to run late, small objects to become misplaced, and things to spill. Well, I was a day behind all week.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Doof.

Resets the switches.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Justina said...

Its funny to hear you say that, because this week has FLOWN BY for me. I can't believe its Saturday already. It is nice to sleep in for a change. I hope you'll do the same.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Graham, are you caught up yet? So beautiful outside...

Quick, who are you calling a doof? If the weather wasn't pulling 180s on me then maybe I'd be somewhat normal. But I suppose that might be unlikely, too.

Justina, you lucky thing. I didn't sleep in. My stupid inner clocks are waking me up at the crack of dawn. Damn piece of shite, I want a return.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home