06 February 2008

Weirdos

Been cruising the gossip pages and found this tidbit of ridiculousness. Who are these people kidding? The sneaky sci-fi weirdos. It's good to see that Tom and his "religion" can't always slide their odd behavior under the closet door.

This is good old-fashioned rebellion at its best. And I fully support Jenna Hill Miscavige in her speaking out of the CA based cult. Yes. Cult. You heard me, LRH lovers. It may not be the kool-aid taking type but still.

How the hell can anyone read through Dianetics, anyway? It's worse than the Bible. Only I can't grasp how people believe in a book written in the '50s by a sci-fi writer. But perhaps it is just as crazy for people to believe in parables from 2000 years ago. Or am I wrong? Maybe it is all backwards and Mr. Hubbard was a messiah of some sort? Surely not. Look at the abomination called Battlefield Earth.

All I know is that if I had to be forced into this so-called religion then I would probably end up doing the same thing that Jenna is. She's been brought up with it and still couldn't be brain-washed! Take that, Tom.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you want to belong, you have to make some sacrifices... For any detailed belief system to extend beyond one person, a certain amount of conformity and social ordering is going to be necessary.
The "battle" is perpetuated by the belief that our innate individuality (or savage nature, perhaps)is a threat. Well, it is a threat. We don't want chaos. But why does the level of control need to be ratcheted up so high?!

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read Battlefield Earth and it was a real good Scifi book. Now I can safely say I'm not going to take up any nutjob religion that thinks it has any basis in reality. For a Scifi book that might make a good religion I'm thinking Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein. Thank you and God Bless America.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

going to eat at a restaurant in andersonville w/ tracy and sheila tonight of you're hungry and bored!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Graham, I don't know. Because the people in charge of these beliefs are crazy??

Noel, I'll have to read Stranger in a Strange Land. Sounds interesting and if you think it might actually work as a religion I have to look into it!

Jami, thanks for the invite, last night was fun! :)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home