18 February 2008

Missing Burning Man

As the weather is pretty shit at the moment in this part of the world I can't help but miss the crazy heat of the desert.  I find myself missing not just the nutty hotness of that glorious and extreme place but the entire atmosphere.  I want to ride my bike into the middle of nothingness during the middle of the night.  Then hop over to the Opulent Temple for a gritty stomp.  I want the giant Cheshire Cat art car to pick me up and take me to 10:00.  Then I'll glance over and see a birthday cake float by.  But most of all, I want to be there with my friends Jami, Kristin, and Graham wandering the Playa in search of wonderous people and music.


Below is a highlights vid from BM 2007.  It's not mine but the people who posted it captured Burning Man wickedly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. The end of August is sure going to be torturous, knowing all too well what I am missing out on. And you'll be gone too! But there is always 2009. Well, unless the government drops a nuke on it or something.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Yes! BM 2009. Can't wait! :)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home