14 February 2008

V-Day

Very commercial, I know, but oh-so-sweet in some ways. The bf is high on the 'Things that I adore' List at the moment. And for people who can't take too much sacchrine sweet lovey-dovey shmuck-stuff then I advise you to look away. Go play on Wikipedia for a few minutes. No? Alright, but I said it's sugar.

I walked into the flat last night and saw 2 dozen roses waiting for me. Aww. And tonight we are going to eat French food (Je voudrais le snails, s'il vous plait et vite!) and act all You're-gonna-puke-we're-so-cute in front of everyone. It's not everyday we are like that but on rare occasions such as today, it is allowed. So there. Get your waste bin ready.

Usually Valentine's is pretty crap. I mean, let's be real, there is shit weather outside and if you're not in the midst of the greatest love affair of all time (or just a normal relationship) then all the cutesy-crap is annoying and offensive in some cases. But at the end of the day, having a specific chance to be romantic is not such a bad thing. Plus, you can eat as much chocolate as you want without being judged. I'm getting the good stuff out tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day! If you're not with someone special, I hope you have the best quality chocs because honestly sometimes that's better, anyway.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being single, I went home at work, turned on the TV, made dinner and snuggled on my couch with my cats while watch Lost.

A better Valentine's I've never had.:-)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

It's nice being single, too. Especially if you have pets. I am not allowed pets at the moment but I have a particularly wonderful boyfriend so it makes up for it.

By the way, is this Anthony? Cats and Lost sounds like you.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez. No one else can have Cats and watch Lost?:-)

But, yes, this is Anthony.:-p

4:45 PM  
Blogger Justina said...

I stayed in with one of my roommates and we laughed our asses off at the movie the 'War of the Roses'. Its one of my all time favorites (and, I might add, a necessary movie to watch before you walk down the aisle)!

It was a great Valentine's Day! I'm glad you and the bf got all romantic with wine and French food!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

'War of the Roses' is an excellent film. So catty and vindictive but very funny at the same time. Glad you and your roommate had a good night! :)

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home