27 March 2008

Cool People

I love meeting new people. Especially when we instantly hit it off and have loads of things in common. I get this feeling usually whilst traveling and meeting up with several random travelers. We will dance a night away and have passionate conversations then I'll never seen them again. And I'm ok with that. But occasionally I'll meet these type of awesome people in my own backyard, so to speak.

Case in point, I am now friends with my dentist. The person who drills my teeth is now my buddy. It seems kind of odd. But we both travel heaps, love electronic music, and are in our 20s. We are going to be dancing together when the next excellent dj is in town.

I also wandered into a travel shop last month before my trip to Brazil and encountered a crazy and lovely individual who happened to live in Sydney and London the same time I did. It's a small world. We probably were at the same places and never knew it.

I love it when this type of stuff happens. It makes me feel like there's some kind of bond connecting all of us around the world. So, despite my recent grumblings on being back to the city, I do really love it here. And I'm happy. Well, except in January and February when the winter is at its worst. But I get to meet wicked people and dance a lot. So, it's good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

please remind me to tell you about the two elderly ladies who made friends with Ann and me at the theatre the other night because it is totally... maybe I'll try to do it at my place now and you can visit. "I love it when this type of stuff happens" is exactly what I was saying then. love the connection thing.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Ooh, am curious about the elderly ladies. Please tell me.

I LOVE meeting new and interesting people. It makes life great. All the time I am more and more amazed by how small this world is. And I this it's awesome! Maybe you and Ann should make a trip to Chicago...can't get to Australia for a long time now.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home