11 June 2008

Notice

To my boss:

"I'd like to give my resignation."

"What?  Why?"

"It's a great place (blatant lie) but I've found a better job opportunity."

"Oh no...I'm going to miss you (polite lie)."

"I'm going to miss you, too (total lie)."

To my co-worker:

"I have something to tell you."

"What's wrong???"

"I've found another job."

"Fuuuuuck.  What am I going to DO?"  Eyes rolling towards ceiling in dramatic silence.  Then:

"What I am going to DO???  Shit.  Can't you wait another month?"

"Two weeks was the maximum time.  I really tried to extend it (truth)."

"I'm utterly fucked.  It's ok.  It's OK.  I'll figure this out."

It's been a rough week for the people in my office.  

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, your co-worker didn't waste too much time getting to the important part, which is worrying about herself.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Nah. There is reason for her to freak out. I'm being a bit of a shit in regards to the company. What with leaving at such an inconvenient time.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Mirage Chopper said...

Well, they can't blame you for bettering yourself. You're not the only one in this predicament, remember! I'm sure things will get by just fine; they always do.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hello, Mirage Chopper. Thank you, things have picked up considerably now that I am training my replacement girl. She's fresh from college and buttermilk innocent. I feel a tad bad for her because I just know she's going to end up totally corrupted in that company. But I've only known her for a day. So, who knows!

By the way, isn't Chicago awesome now that the wind isn't trying to slice through us like an icicle?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Mirage Chopper said...

Yes, it IS wonderful! I didn't think this last winter was ever going to end. I teach, but outside most of the day, and it seemed like forever standing out there in the wind. I'm glad its over; HELLO SUN!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home