16 November 2008

Small Town Lady

Visited the small town I grew up in this weekend and it's always amusing to see old friends and the people who live there.  


I love, LOVE, the 91 year-old waitress at the "downtown" restaurant.  She's a tiny woman with white, curly, old-lady hair and her face is painted with an orange mask of foundation.  Today she was wearing a lavender jumper with pink roses and yellow hummingbirds on it.  And the first thing she says to me is so country that I immediately fall in love with her again; "I haven't seen you in a coon's age!"  Bless.  I think the other thing she had me in stitches is: "I'm so hot you could fry an egg on me!"  I love her.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... She sounds pretty animated. Glad you had a good time back in country.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

She's hilarious. I'd put her in my pocket and bring her back to Chicago if I could.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

That sounds exactly like something she would say.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Yep. It's a little cartoonish.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home