18 March 2009

Clark Kent is gay

From journal 3.16.09


Am sitting in a plane on the tarmac of LAX in Los Angeles.  We are preparing for the mighty 14 hour flight to Sydney.  I am bummed we don't have our own personal tvs like they used to have in the good old days.  What is happening to modern travel?  I need the map screen so I constantly know where in the world I am.  Otherwise I feel lost and unfulfilled.  

The flight from Chicago to LA had interesting flight attendants.  They were both flamboyantly gay men, one with bleach blonde surfer hair and one with Clark Kent glasses minus the handsome Clark Kent.  As I got up and walked to the back of the plane to relieve myself,* I saw Fugly Clark Kent inhaling one of the "gourmet" meals they were selling on the flight (ripping off is more accurate for the cherry tomato, 2 pieces of lettuce, and rubbery turkey).  His eyes looked up above his geeky specs, he raised his eyebrows and then continued vigorously to shove his cherry tomato and 2 pieces of lettuce down his gob.  Quite defiant, actually.  I thought he might spit out, "I can do this y'know!  My acting is ON HOLD."  

Now I am wishing I had bought that overpriced prison food because my stomach is grumbling and saying it hates me (nothing new).  Time to get knocked out for this shitty ride.  Ah, the glamour of traveling...


*Um, I didn't actually 'relieve' myself at the back of the plane as that is quite rude.  FCK was sitting by the bathrooms.  

2 Comments:

Blogger Clyde said...

And there I was thinking that you were mile highing yourself at that back of the plane---
I was cheering---go Kathryn, go girl
And then you added the last bit---
Hmm, but that actully reads---I didnt do it cos FCK was sitting by the bathrooms---
Geez, what airline was that---I'm not flying without the good looking hosties---girls

5:53 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Really, it wasn't that exciting, I'm afraid. United just employed some awkward and 'out of work' actors, I think! :)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home