16 March 2009

Adventure

Hopping on a 24 hour flight to Melbourne today. After an excruciating decision of "window or aisle" I've decided to take the window seat on the airplane. I never know which one I'll be happier with but I figure I'd have to get up all the time for the people next to me if I'm on the aisle than if I'm next to the window. Omg, what if I should've chosen the aisle? Is it too late to change it? This trip is doomed, doooooomed! OR, what if they seat NO ONE by me on the flight and I have all three seats to myself? Yes, better be safe than sorry and stay where I am. Then I can sprawl out on the seats like God intended me to.

Am pretty much like a starving chimp at this point. That is, I am crazy and maniacal trying to make sure everything is ready. So many things to do and not enough time! Keep getting bouts of sadness at leaving people and my apartment but at the same time this is an adventure! I live for this shit.

If you don't hear from me soon it means either:

A) My plane has crashed in the Pacific and I am now living on a desolate, tropical island a la LOST. There better be doctors who survive our crash and someone who looks like Matthew Fox. And someone meatier than me so I'm not the first person feasted upon if worse comes to worse.

B) I've decided to come back home and am in the depths of shameful despair. I will not show my face anywhere if this happens and I can assure you 99.999% it won't.

C) I've landed safely in Australia but have decided to fly directly to Nimbin and become a filthy hippy selling 'special cookies' to unsuspecting (and very suspecting) tourists. I will walk to Byron Bay from time to time to collect seashells to tie in my dreds and frolick naked in the open sea.

D) I just don't like you anymore. Sorry.

Au revoir! Ciao! Adios! Kisses, dahling. Please cross your fingers I don't go down in the Pacific.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

So would you be the Kate character? She's hot, and she has freckles!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Um, sure!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Clyde said...

So I'm hoping that you are now in Melbourne----
But then again, why would I wish that on anyone----
Ok, it's an Adelaide / Melbourne thing
Footballwise---support Geelong---they are neither Melbourne or Adelaide and a bloody great team---learn to say carn the Cats
Enjoy your stay----hope it's a long one----if you come to Adelaide, you will find mt email on my blog----
Australia is lucky---another redhead

4:49 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hi Clyde, I am indeed in Melbs now. I really love it. I'll definitely let you know if I'm ever headed in Adelaide's direction. I don't give a fig about football so that whole thing is lost on me, I'm afraid. But I do kind of like the saying, 'carn the cats'. What exactly is 'carning'?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Clyde said...

Geez sweets, you are gonna have to learn to speak "Strine" (Australian)
Carn as in Come On
And you though it was grubby
Oh, and Yous now officially a Shiela---Carn girl, get with it

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home