26 September 2007

Skittles

"I need sugar!" I announce to A at approximately 2.30 in the afternoon. Off to the work kitchen where I rummage amongst the various confectionary on hand. Chocolate chip cookies? No. Too much. Twizzlers? No. Too licoricey. M&Ms? Eh...no. Too chocolatey. Skittles? When's the last time I've had Skittles? So long that I can't remember so I grab a blue bag and return to my desk.

"Ooh, the blue bag." A admires me and my new sweet find. "The blue bag is my favorite. That's probably our last one. I tried ordering more of it and they said it's been discontinued." I look at the colorful little pebbles in my hand and pop some in my mouth. Blue bag, hey? I don't remember the blue bag being special, either.

"When I was a kid I liked the purple bag." I told her. "Maybe we should order some of those."

"Okay. But the blue bag is definitely my favorite. I wonder what else there is."

"Well, let's look online. This seems important and probably requires work time for research purposes." So I went to the Skittles website and read off the various bags and flavors. "Okay. There's smoothie flavors, that's a pink bag. And um...ice cream flavours--"

"Oh! That sounds good!"

"Ah, yes. Um, that's in a beige bag. Then there's sour in green, wildberry in purple, and tropical in blue--"

"Blue! So they haven't stopped!"

"There's hope for us yet."

"I can't believe we're discussing this so intensely." A says.

"Well, you've gotta have a passion. Ooh. I wonder if they have passionfruit."

Dear god. What have I become?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God! I can't believe that @$$hole! The nerve! To lie to poor A. about the blue bags being banned from America forever! He should be stoned to death with skittles the size of softballs!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Everything's cool now. They have blue bags again! Catastrophe avoided.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaah
from jami

12:10 PM  
Blogger Justina said...

I was an M&Ms only girl growing up, but now that I've branched out (to snickers), I understand the need to study the seemingly infinite possibilities of a long running candy. Kathryn, you're what we call skittleliscous! Love live the skittles, long live the candy king!

Oh dear. I think I've been eating too much cookie dough.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Haha, Skittleliscous! I like it. You are a true M&M Babe. Or Cookie Dough Lass? Sweet stuff can be soooo good.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home