16 August 2007

The Mean Reds

A bit blue at the moment. And there is honestly no good reason to be. Back in the day, I used to be really depressed. Like really, really depressed. The kind where you need to be on something to maintain some sort of normalcy. This last year has been the best that I can remember in ages. Several Good Things have stumbled one upon the other to me. And I don't need those happy pills any longer. But every now and then I hit a black patch. As Holly Golightly phrased it, I've got a case of The Mean Reds.

Maybe I just need a banana popsicle and my favourite book (oh yeah, still on the Mark Twain kick). I have a feeling that once everything settles down a bit and life isn't one crazy stick of butter the bitter blues and mean reds will fade into something resembling a lighter hue.

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Life's full of emotional seasons - spring isn't far away

11:25 AM  
Blogger SheridanParker said...

Burnigman is one week of intense therapy so no worries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Cheers, Greavsie. Roll on Spring!

Jami, BM isn't far away! I'll be pumped and ready to dance like crazy in the desert. This sad stuff doesn't last long anymore. :-)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

I had a guy in the shop the other day looking for stuff to wear at Burning Man. Maybe his clothes will recognise your top as they pass each other. How kooky. I'm envious. That's a great thing to be doing.

It sounds like you have the mean reds and bitter blues by the short & curlies, even if it doesn't necessarily feel that way.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

You're probably right. Thanks, Lee. I'll make sure to tell you if my top says hello to their tops. Would be really weird but by that time everything will seem weird and wonderful, no doubt.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home