03 October 2007

Fur-lover

I realise there has been an excessive amount of posts lately that pertain to work. But the atmosphere here is pure blog-fodder gold! Take this afternoon, for instance. A and I are busy working in between chatting (strike, reverse that) when the subject of fur rears its soft, fluffy head.

"I love real fur." Gushes A. "But not dalmations. I love dalmations. I'm not Cruella Deville." I start laughing at her as she digs the hole further, "When I was a little girl and tried on a real fur coat I fell in love. But anything bad involving cats or dogs is horrible, I can't take it. What's the big deal with fur?" She looks at me almost as if daring me to say that it is a Big Deal.

"Well," I venture, "it's not very nice to kill lots of animals for these coats, I guess. I like faux fur. That's good stuff. Especially the kind with glitter and colour like Burning Man fur--"

"I mean, oh (serious eye roll), a beaver or two dies. Oh Well."

"Don't they have animal farms only for fur purposes? I'm not sure just a 'beaver or two dies.'" I point out. All of a sudden a panicked look shadows her face and she asks, "I haven't offended you, have I? Oh god, some people get SO offended."

No, I wasn't offended but I could understand someone taking offense. She should probably be careful about who she shares her little fur-love with. They might not laugh as hard as me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE faux FUR!!
from..guess who! hahaha

11:51 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

hahaha! This is either Jami or Kristin...It's good stuff! :-)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't tell the part about her singing the fur commercial jingle... that part cracked me up. Come on, tell me it again...

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh yeah! Haha. She knew the fur commercial by heart! "Aaadri-ahnaah furs!" *giggle*

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home