01 July 2007

Speedos!

I am lucky enough to live on a beach so I get to do some beachy things. But it’s not as exciting as a beach by the ocean. The good news is that it is kinda blue and you can’t see across it so it gives one the impression of a sea if a somewhat cooler one minus the salt.

Lately I have noticed that swim trunks are going the way of the dodo bird and the amount of speedos accidentally spied are equivalent to pigeons. Almost no one under the age of 35 is wearing them and usually their bodies are less than toned. Even worse than those wearing speedos and pouncing around the sand like they are lions in a forest-less jungle are the men wearing thongs. Most of the men I have seen do this are around 50 and are happy to let their sagging arse-cheeks breathe in the fresh non-salty Lake Michigan air. It is always a shock like a slap in the face when an eye-full of grandpa bottom is thrust at me. It is like looking directly at the sun for too long. One will go blind. I end up wondering if they have bought a department store fitting room mirror and are sorely misguided of their true image.

So speedos. Not so much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, Speedos keep everything......together....

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Greavsie, have I hit a sore spot? :) But, whilst speedos may keep the goods in the right places they still are not very attractive, are they?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Sometimes called budgie smugglers.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Ah haha, budgie smugglers. I forgot about that! I think banana-hammocks are way worse, though.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home