11 June 2007

Happy

It's been a very good weekend. I caught up with my friends and danced, browsed art, drank a bit, ate a bit more, and talked a whole heaping pile. On Friday I forced my fatigued self to go out and see Christopher Lawrence. He's a very talented dj and is #4 in the world, #1 in America. His music gets my body moving involuntarily and before I know it I'm moving fiend-like on the dancefloor. Everyone seems to be infected and we all understand this is Good Stuff.

I was lucky enough to meet Christopher Lawrence through various circumstances (and no, they were perfectly innocent ones!). We had a quick chat that kinda went like this:

Me: "Hello! It's great to meet you!"
CL: "Hi! It's great to meet you, too!"
Me: "This is very exciting!"
CL: Laughing, "I know!"
Me: "Love your work, babe. Keep it up!"
CL: "Alright, I will!"

Idiot that I am I couldn't think of anything really great to say but he was gracious enough to have a friend take a photo of us. I am looking idiot-like in the photo but I don't care! Ahhh! It's Christopher Lawrence! Very lovely person. The rest of the weekend was filled with neighbourhood festivals, drinking beer in the sunshine and spending money I don't have. All the requisite elements of a great weekend made an appearance.*


*This isn't my line. It's someone else's, someone I shall call P.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Sounds like an excellent weekend.

I had to sub a story about Chrisopher Lawrence and because he was talking about relocating to Australia, I called it Lawrence Of Australia.

A year later he was out here again and still talking about moving to Australia. I thought what the hell and called that story Lawrence Of Australia Part Two.

He toured yet again a year later and unbelievably was still talking about moving here. What else could I call it but Lawrence Of Australia Part Three. Easiest trio of titles I've ever had to think of.

You don't look idiot-like at all. I have a photo of me and James Holden and a friend said, "Awww... you're, like, gosh I'm sooo excited to be sitting next to my hero."

That was idiot-like.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Haha! That's the first giggle of my day.

Lawrence of Australia: I like it. So I wonder when he's finally going to move there? Shame for America but I would completely understand.

That's right! I forgot about the 3D thing. You've probably interviewed heaps of quality artists. You lucky writer you. I like James Holden. Am still giddy about my Lawrence experience.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home