01 June 2007

Pushover

I don't like confrontations. In fact, I dislike them so much that I am a self-proclaimed escapist. I would usually rather run and hide than face any catastrophe head-on. Because I'm cowardly like that.

But you know, one can only be cowardly or run away for so long before having to eventually take one's head out of the sand and peek at unpleasant situations and people. I wouldn't say that I've been so much a pushover but I have been somewhat easily blown into directions that I resent and then I give myself an ulcer because I don't vent my anger onto the proper people. For some irrational reason I find myself wondering if my point is actually valid compared to the person I'm fucking pissed off with. And you know what?! It bloody well is.

Today I have had enough. I went into my office and had a discussion with the head honcho about my issues that have steadily been burning a hole in my stomach. Et voila! A tap with my magic office wand and she agreed! I got recognition! And things are Going to Change. So she says. But enough of wimpy Kat. I am Super Kat and must be addressed as such. Or maybe not. Kathryn's fine, too. You know, I'm not picky. It would be nice, though. Just saying.

I still might run away to a different continent once in awhile. To get away. Not due to any pushy-over stuff, though. New phase and all that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I totally relate again, Super Kat (though I will persist in imagining it as "Supercat", like the reggae artist, and I will picture the word in my head that way whenever I hear it! And you can't stop me! I'm no pushover!). Our misguided intellectual and empathic open-mindedness that makes us too willing to overvalue someone else's warped point of view. Sometimes you just have to say "eff it" to relativism and assert your intuition/gut/emotion/whatever.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Too right!

And...it is Super Kat not to be mixed up with Supercat (which might be cooler but you know, I might not be very cool at all so the first one fits better. So there).

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home