21 May 2007

Simmer down now

Saturday was beautiful. The sun was out and it was warm and hot. Goldeny. I went to the beach. What good is it living on one if you can't go lay out when it's hot and sunny? The day floated by in a sun-soaked haze. New music was downloaded onto the iPod, the gym was visited, laundry done, and then an invite to an early evening bbq.

On D's porch the beautiful breeze heavily tainted with summer swept over us with promise. Me, D, N, and G were sitting outside. Various chit-chat (of which I don't remember so much due to my vast intake of quality coronas and a new invention of D's which has been dubbed "Hillary's drink") was taking place. Lots of laughing and joking, too.

A girl with big hair, big lips, and big boobs charges out onto the porch. We look at her with drunk interest and smile politely. "Want a cigarette?" I offer.

Big: "No. I don't smoke or drink."

D: "What are you? Pregnant?" We start giggling all quite pissed like and I look over to laugh with her, too. But she's not laughing. Oopsy. She looks down right miffed.

Big: "What? Are you saying that I'm fat? Are you saying that I look pregnant? God! I can't believe you just said that to me!" I busted up again and snorted out Hillary's drink. D looked at us in amused disbelief. He turned to Big.

D: "No. I was just joking. Y'know...you don't drink or smoke...Sorry." He trailed off hoping she'd just drop it at this point.

Big: "No, I don't know! God!" And she stomped back inside with the big-stuff bouncing. 10 minutes later after we had finished our belly-laughs a friend of hers came onto the porch and asked why we had told her friend she looked pregnant. Oh dear.

In hindsight it was an insensitive comment to make. Perhaps she had a history or something was going on that we weren't aware of but what people say whilst pissed shouldn't be taken too seriously sometimes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

I really really feel sorry for people with no sense of humour. The big one sounds like a drama queen.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

No kidding. I'm still sniggering that she asked, "Are you saying I'm fat?" Fucking hell.

8:39 AM  
Blogger SheridanParker said...

My boyfriend being insensitive? NEVER! HAHAHAHAHAHA

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Haha! He was really funny. I don't know why she took it that way because he was obviously joking.

Who was that girl?

11:57 AM  
Blogger SheridanParker said...

a friend of a friend of dave's who was at the party. nobody knew her really...

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home