10 May 2007

Orbital

Lately there's a tune that has been flitting on and off through my head. For the past two weeks. I hadn't heard it in yonks but then it came on during breakfast one Sunday morning. I'm talking about Belfast from the broken-up brother duo Orbital.

This song is chilled and beautiful. It conjures up images of sunrises and comedowns. The flowing beauty of the woman's voice spills gently around me whilst the light synths and mellow bass blend perfectly together. I see colour with this tune. It's a deep purple with patches of bright blinding white that spin together and melt into radiance.*

Been a fan of Orbital since the mid-90's and it's a bit sad that they broke up a few years ago. But that Belfast tune...there's just something about it. It's not going away anytime soon for me.

Perfect Sunrise is another great tune of theirs that I enjoy immensely:



*Am not on LSD, I'm sober when I see this stuff and it's in my mind not actually in front of me like true psychedelics.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Orbital have broken up? balls!! :(

5:46 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

That's pretty weird. I was going through my mess of CDs (used to be music editor of a dance mag so I've got heaps) and I put on Orbital's farewell album, The Blue Album. First time I'd played it in ages. Perfect Sunrise is a gorgeous track.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hi Sunny! I know, travesty and all that...

Quick, that is pretty freaky. Which dance mag did you edit for? I've probably read it.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

3D World. It's kind of big here, but it's street press so you probably don't know it.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Yes, I do!! Used to read 3D all the time. I wanted to take one of the DJ courses it advertised for. That's cool.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

Ha. Funny. When were you here? Wonder if I was with the mag when you were reading it.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Was in Sydney from December 2003 to August 2005.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Lee Bemrose said...

I was with the mag from Aug 2002 - March 2005. You may have read some of my stuff. Little tiny world.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home