23 February 2007

Leave

“I don’t love you.” She said.

“Why? What’s wrong with me?” He asked, upset. She turned her head away and shook it gently. As she went to rise from the bed he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. He tilted her head up so she was forced to see his face and look into his eyes. He tried to meaningfully kiss her but as he leaned in she turned her face away.

“I can’t. This isn’t working, I need to leave.” This is horrible, she thought, we sound like we’re in a cheesy soap opera. I need to go home and get away from him. Fuck, I really can’t stand him any longer.

She got up quickly so he couldn’t grab her again. She rooted around on the floor for her shoes and once found slipped them on.

“Please don’t go. I love you so much.” He croaked pathetically. He stood up and began to walk toward her. She backed away towards the door whilst grabbing her handbag on the sofa.

“I’m sorry, I really am. Take care, ok?” Need to leave NOW! She turned one last time back to him and looked at his anguished face. “I’m sorry.” She mouthed silently and then opened the door and rushed out into the raining night.

This is so shite. Why did things move so quickly without her? All she wanted was a bit of fun and company. It didn’t need to get serious. But it did, at least on his end.

The rain pelted down harshly. Punishing, she thought. Was this her karma? Was it going to come back to her? Round and round questions flew inside her head. She shook it and strands of wet hair slapped her face and stuck there. One thing she knew for certain was she was doing the right thing. Staying there would’ve made both of them miserable in the long run.

A saying came to her out of nowhere, “You can’t run away from who you are.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home