18 December 2006

'Tis the Season

Festive holidays and all that. Merry tidings, holly, wreaths and joy.

Millions of people moving en masse through streets and shops alike handing out money left, right, and centre.

Queues of people are wound around the block for the IT toy and the IT computer game, etc. It's only a bloody toy for fuck's sake, your child will live without it. Honestly, there's no reason for anyone to be trampled.

I know most people really enjoy the holidays and for the most part, so do I. But really, enough is enough. We've already had a month of it and it'll no doubt be sticking around for another 3 weeks...I enjoy the tacky lights and fresh bite in the air but I don't enjoy the effing holiday songs played round the clock on the radio ALL day long at work. Nor do I enjoy how materialistic everyone has become. Admittedly, I am a little bit but I'm easy peasy when it comes to gifts (money will do, thank you). I actually would like a Christmas with no present giving and we just have a good 'ol fashioned party drinking and dancing!

I suppose it's in order to have that "magical" day opening pressies with the family whilst listening to effing holiday songs (it is OK to listen to these songs on the actual holiday) and eating roast turkey and stuffing.

Oh, what am I ranting about? I enjoy that day just like everyone else... But too much overexposure is a bad thing, even for Christmas. If you can't beat 'em join 'em, eh?

Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home