20 November 2006

Itch

I'm itchy.

And I'm going to stay that way until March, unfortunately.

It's the travel itch that's got to me again. It's never far away but at the moment it's so particularly awful I feel like running to the nearest airport and getting on the next plane outta here. Doesn't matter where.

I have often found myself at these turning points in my life looking up aimlessly into the sky and searching out planes flying miles above. I imagine myself on one of these planes travelling to an unknown destination that holds different people and a different culture. It's funny because when I'm actually on a plane I can't wait to get off it. But when I'm stuck in a place that I want to leave it's the most beautiful thing.

Today I had some news that my company has been sold to another one and thus creating of the largest merges in American history. Equity Office Properties (NYSE:EOP) was sold for $36 Billion to Blackstone located in NYC. I'm not sure as of yet if I will be keeping my job but if I get a severance package I will be able to scratch my itch and travel overseas again (much sooner than expected).

Airports are surreal. I love the organised chaos that surrounds me when I'm in one. There's a hum of purpose and suppressed excitement. Not to mention the bundle of nerves bouncing off the numerous gates and terminals. However much I adore the airport I can't be in one for an extended length of time without wanting to leave. It's good for me in small doses.

Here's hoping my itch may recede to a bearable status until March when I'll be on one of those planes I see all the time in the sky. Because sometimes you just need a good scratch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home