09 February 2010

Home versus Here


As the return date closes in on a month, I am starting to get more panicky with dread. I like it here. I don't like it as much there. I think the hardest part is leaving the people who became like family to me in Australia. Who are, simply, just family and should always be around. It seems impossible to imagine a world where I won't be able to ring them after work for a quick chat to debrief our days and catchup. I think what has to happen is that they will have to be imported to America if I can't find a way to stay in Australia somehow. Yes. Yes, a very good plan. Sort that out, already, Aussie Family, K? Ta.

Also. What am I going to do in a world without being surrounded with Vegemite, Lucas PawPaw Ointment, Tim Tams, Mint Slices, Trams, and Stubby Holders? Must I import these things monthly to feel somewhat connected with the Down Under-World? Why can't Australia just move to America? Just do it already. Do. It.

I've been incredibly lucky this last year and I don't regret a moment of it, good or bad. There were lots of gray experiences that were quite enjoyable, too. It's not that I dislike Home so much as it feels like it's been placed elsewhere most of my life. At Home I feel like a visitor and Here I feel like a native. I do not understand this.


Thank you, Australia. You are the best country ever. After Brazil.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cаn you tell us mоre about this?
I'd care to find out some additional information.

Stop by my web-site :: bramka sms

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure this ρarаgгаph
has tοuched all the intеrnet uѕers, itѕ really геally ρleasant article οn
buіlding up nеw weblog.

my ωebρаge - bramka sms play

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home