04 January 2006

My Mate called Music

Mates come and go, this is true for everyone. I've recently found out who my "real" friends are throughout this past year and a half and it's not been a pleasant realisation. Although to give credit where it's due, it was partially my fault.

On the upside, those who have stuck with me have been saviors! Especially music. I've been connected to music since I was born. But this is because my family is very musical but not in the way that is popular today. My dad is an organist, my mom played the piano, and my grandmother played that great instrument that isn't given credit nearly enough, the blessed acordian.

Now, I'd like to please my family to no end by saying that I play any of these (piano for a short while, albeit) but I don't. I played classical flute for most of my young life and was pretty good, I think, too. There really is nothing like playing with a symphony in concert, it's amazing. But I've since found that music is still my best friend, especially without knowing almost anyone in Chicago.

A couple of years ago someone suggested to me to try being a dj. It was like the penny finally dropped. Yes! This was the answer. I did it for a little bit in a club called The Prospect in Fulham, London. I haven't dj'd since but I'm going to again. It's difficult, though, due to finance. I made the somewhat catastrophic mistake of leaving my entire collection in Berlin last August so I'm working on rebuilding it, it's coming along quite nicely.

There will be further updates as to whether I'll be having any gigs, it will take some time. To all of those who support me, thank you. To all of those who don't, you'll see. Especially thank you, Fay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home